All you need to know about the Texas Marathon
- What is the Texas Marathon Challenge?
- TMC details
- TMC rules
- TMC fees
- How do I register?
- What do I get once I register?
What is the Texas Marathon Challenge?
The Texas Marathon Challenge was started in 1999 by Roger Soler as a way to challenge marathon runners to run more marathons. Roger came up with the idea as a way for him to keep his mileage up throughout the Texas Marathon season. The first TMC started at the San Antonio Marathon in 1999 and originally consisted of just 5 races including the San Antonio Marathon, Dallas White Rock Marathon, Houston Marathon, Austin Marathon, and finally the Fort Worth Cowtown Marathon. What made the original TMC a tougher challenge is the 6 day break between marathon #4 (Austin Marathon) and marathon #5 (Fort Worth Cowtown Marathon).
TMC7 marathons include (but are not limited to):
1. Run 5 marathons between September and May of the current Challenge.
2. Any certified marathon or race of greater distance in the state of Texas between September 1 and May 31 is eligible for TMC.
3. Finish each race before the course closes.
4. Submit your race times by emailing results to TMC@rogersoler.com; calling them into us at 210-366-3701; or mailing the results to: Roger Soler's Sports, 2589 Jackson Keller, San Antonio, TX 78230.
How do I register?
Register ONLINE by clicking here
What do I get once I register?